Outreach efforts in hospitals, local businesses, middle and high schools, and the faith community are critical toward DAP’s prevention goal.
Services to the community include:
- Specialized educational programs to community organizations, schools, and religious groups to increase public awareness about domestic abuse.
- Age appropriate preventive programing to Delaware County schools, in addition to in-service trainings for education professionals.
- Work place violence programs for local businesses.
- Literature on domestic abuse is distributed at presentations, health fairs, and other community events.
- Phone and in-person patient advocacy and crisis counseling to victims of abuse at Delaware County hospitals
- Training for Delaware County health care providers of all disciplines (including physicians, nurses, first responders and allied health professionals) to identify domestic violence warning signs and best practices for patient support.
- Participation at health and community fairs to foster relationships and awareness throughout the community
How to get help
Please call the 24/7 hotline to schedule an appointment.
For healthcare training information, contact DAP’s Medical Advocate at 610-565-6272 ext. 3118.
View our Medical Advocacy Pamphlet.
Resources you may find helpful
- 10 Things Men Can DO to Prevent Gender Violence
- Healthy Relationship Quiz
- Help A Friend
- Let’s Talk: How You Can Offer Support
- Safety Tips for Victims of Domestic Violence
- The Relationship Bill of Rights
For more information
Please contact DAP’s Community Engagement Manager at 610-565-6272 ext. 3116 or contact us by filling out the form below.